I love when my husband, Giuseppe, has the day off from work. He spoils me by cooking dinner. Last night he made a tomato-based sauce with mussels and scallops. He served it over some spaghetti. I added a nice glass of vino and lit some candles. We spent a romantic evening at home together. It was the perfect way to pass an autumn night.
Spaghetti with Mussels and Scallops in a Tomato Sauce
A tomato-based seafood sauce served over spaghetti. Add some wine and candles and you have a perfect romantic dinner for two.
- 8 oz dry spaghetti
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can (24 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb bay scallops
- 1 lb mussels
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and cook until lightly golden.
- Add crushed tomatoes and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in mussels and scallops
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on the box.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti.