Last night we had my husband’s version of chicken cacciatore, a classic Italian dish, for dinner. This was the perfect no fuss meal for a chilly day. It cooked in the oven while the girls and I were planning for the upcoming holidays. When we were done, the meal was ready to come out of the oven. It was as simple as that.
My husband's version of the classic Italian dish.
- Large bag of carrots, sliced into 2 inch chunks
- 5 pounds of white potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
- 3 medium onions, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 pounds of chicken (we used all parts, but use pieces you like)
- 2 large cans crushed tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice everything about the same size so it cooks evenly.
- Combine in a large roasting pan.
- Cook about 2 1/2 hours until the chicken is done and the potatoes are fork tender.