My youngest daughter made this wonderful corn chowder soup over the weekend. She saved me some, and I just loved it so I made sure she gave me the recipe .
Chicken Corn Chowder Soup
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 breast from a roast chicken (shredded)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 can whole kernel sweet corn (15.25 oz)
- 4 medium celery stalks (approximately 2 cups, sliced thin)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 6 chives stalks
- 1 lb of maple bacon
- 1.5 pints half and half
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 medium russet potatoes (skinned and diced less than 1/4 inch thick)
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, chives, carrots, garlic and sauté until tender. Wait 3 minutes and add flour while stirring, adding chicken stock in turn until well blended.
- Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer uncovered 10-15 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add in chicken, corn, bacon, half and half. Stir occasionally and simmer for another 12 minutes.
- Top with chives & bacon for garnish.